Changing tents and toilets
There will be changing tents and enoug toilets in the start/finish area.
Toilets will be provided at the end of each refreshment point as well.
The changing tent and toilets with wheelchair access are located between the start and the Siegessäule (Victory Column) in the direction of the race.
Detailled map follows in August approx.
Clothing drop-off or Poncho?
Save time and long ways at the clothing drop-off before the start and after the finish. If you forego the clothing drop-off, after the finish line you will receive a warming poncho* that can be reused at many occasions.
The choice between clothing drop-off and poncho is binding and cannot be changed after finishing the registration process.
*while stock last
Entrance to the starting area
The start/finish area is only open to participants. For security reasons, only skaters with official race numbers can enter the start area. Please make sure that your wristband which will be tied around your wrist when fetching your race documents is still in place. The start area will open at 6:30 p.m.
You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed. We recommend to choose the entrance according to the location of your clothing drop-off.
Approx. in the middle of September you will find here a detailed plan.
Event Schedule and Starting Times
Saturday, September 23rd, 2017
500 m und 1.000 m Bambini Run (born 2006 or after)
Registration available at the BERLIN VITAL expo, Station Berlin
Sunday, September 24th, 2017
Runners and Power-Walkers (no Nordic Walking)
Time limit: 6.15 hours (after crossing the time mat)
The schedule and running course are subject to alternations.
How to get there
For this event no parking space is available. Please use public transportation.
Start area: Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and "Kleiner Stern". Nearest stops of Public Transportation:
Underground: Friedrichstraße (U1, U6, U7), Hauptbahnhof (U55), Bundestag (U55), Brandenburger Tor (U55), Potsdamer Platz (U2)
Regional trains: Hauptbahnhof (RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14), Potsdamer Platz (RE4, RE5)
S-Bahn: Hauptbahnhof (S3, S5, S7, S75), Brandenburger Tor (S1, S2, S25), Potsdamer Platz (S1, S2, S25), Friedrichstraße (S1, S2, S25, S3, S5, S7, S75)
always 10-15 minutes walk
List of prohibited articles in the start / finish area
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start / finish area of the exhibition ground.
• Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
• Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
• Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
• Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes
• Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics.
• Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
• Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons.
• Laser pointer.
• Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls.
There will be three starting waves (in 10 minute intervals) and eight starting blocks.
<2:20 - 2:40:00
2:40:01 - 2:50:00
2:50:01 - 3:00:00
3:00:01 - 3:15:00
3:15:01 - 3:30:00
3:30:01 - 3:50:00
3:50.01 - 4:15:00
or first marathon