Changing tents and toilets
There will be changing tents and enoug toilets in the start/finish area.
Toilets will be provided at the end of each refreshment point as well.
Entrance to the start area
The start/finish area is only open to participants. For security reasons, only skaters with official race numbers can enter the start area. Please make sure that your wristband which will be tied around your wrist when fetching your race documents is still in place. The start area will open at 6:30 a.m.
You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed. We recommend to choose the entrance according to the location of your clothing drop-off.
Subject to change
On the course are many refreshment stations but feel free to bring your personal hydration pack with your own beverage.
• You are only allowed to bring a hydration pack with max. 2 liters in the start area
• You are only allowed to carry beverages in the hydration pack; we will do bag checks at the entrances
Event Schedule and Starting Times
Saturday, September 28th, 2019
500 m und 1.000 m Kids Run (born 2009 or after)
Registration available at the MARATHON EXPO
Sunday, September 29th, 2019
Handbikers (top athletes)
from 9:15 a.m.
Runners (in 4 starting waves)
Time limit: 6.15 hours (after crossing the time mat)
The schedule and running course are subject to alternations.
How to get there
Start area: Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and "Kleiner Stern".
For this event no parking space is available.
By public transportation:
Please note: On race day between 5:30 am and 10:00 pm your bib number is valid for public transportation (Zone A and B) The bib number must be carried with you.
Nearest stops of PublicTransportation:
Underground: Friedrichstraße (U6) / 12 minutes walk, Potsdamer Platz (U2) / 8 minutes walk
Please note: U55 does not operate
Regional trains: Hauptbahnhof (RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14)/ 12 minutes walk, Potsdamer Platz (RE4, RE5)/ 8 minutes walk
S-Bahn: Hauptbahnhof (S5, S7, S75, S9), Brandenburger Tor (S1, S2, S25)/3 minutes walk, Potsdamer Platz (S1, S2, S25)/8 minutes walk, Friedrichstraße (S1, S2, S25, S5, S7, S75, S9)/12 minutes walk
Timing Chip: how to wear it?
Every year we receive messages from sad runners who can’t find their time in the results.
That’s not on behalf of us nor in the runners‘ interest.
For this reason:
-> Wear the chip at the foot (shoelace) or at the ankle (tape)
-> Do not wear it above the calf, the chip won’t register when you step over the finish line
(not in pockets or as a necklace)
-> The chip should not get in contact with anything made out of metal
-> To avoid transposed numbers: please compare the chip number stated on the bib with the numer on the chip.
Please contact the support team if the numbers are not identical!
List of prohibited articles in the start / finish area
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start / finish area of the exhibition ground.
• Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or
• Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are
harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
• Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
• Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes
• Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics.
• Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (
(brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
• Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons.
• Laser pointer.
• Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls.
Map of start / finish area (2018)
We want to support you on your way to your personal target time. Therfore we allocate aacemaker are within the
4 starting waves, they carry a Pacer flag with the associated target time.
- In wave 1 the pacers are for 3:00 - 3:15 and 3:30 h
- In wave 2 they are for 3:15 - 3:30 - 3:45 - 4:00 and 4:15h
- In wave 3 they are for 3:30 - 3:45 -4: 00 and 4:15h
- In wave 4 they are for 4:15 - 4:30 and 5:00h
Starting blocks & waves
There are four starting waves.
<2:20 - 2:40:00
from 9:15 am
2:40:01 - 2:50:00
2:50:01 - 3:00:00
3:00:01 - 3:15:00
3:15:01 - 3:30:00
from 9:25 am
3:30:01 - 3:50:00
3:50.01 - 4:15:00
from 9:45 am
or first marathon
from 10:05 am
The starting blocks are organised by your best- or expected time (related to half or marathon times), as you stated on your registration.
If this is your first marathon race, you will start in the last block (Block H).
All participants deserve a fair race, so please be honest when you provide your race times on your registration, and enter the correct block on race day.