Changing tents and toilets
There will be changing tents and enoug toilets in the start/finish area.
Toilets will be provided at the end of each refreshment point as well.
The changing tent and toilets with wheelchair access are located between the start and the Siegessäule (Victory Column) in the direction of the race.
Camelbak are permitted.
Please note: Camelbaks are allowed til max. 2 Liter of liquid and can be brought to the starting area only in this size.
Entrance to the starting area
The start/finish area is only open to participants. For security reasons, only skaters with official race numbers can enter the start area. Please make sure that your wristband which will be tied around your wrist when fetching your race documents is still in place. The start area will open at 6:30 p.m.
You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed. We recommend to choose the entrance according to the location of your clothing drop-off.
Subjekt to change
Event Schedule and Starting Times
Saturday, September 15th, 2018
500 m und 1.000 m Kids Run (born 2008 or after)
Registration available at the BERLIN VITAL expo
Sunday, September 16th, 2018
from 9:15 a.m.
Runners (in 3 starting waves)
Time limit: 6.15 hours (after crossing the time mat)
The schedule and running course are subject to alternations.
How to get there
For this event no parking space is available. Please use public transportation.
Start area: Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and "Kleiner Stern". Nearest stops of Public Transportation:
Underground: Friedrichstraße (U6), Hauptbahnhof (U55), Bundestag (U55), Brandenburger Tor (U55), Potsdamer Platz (U2)
Regional trains: Hauptbahnhof (RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14), Potsdamer Platz (RE4, RE5)
(jeweils ca. 10-15 Minuten Fußweg)
S-Bahn: Hauptbahnhof (S5, S7, S75, S9), Brandenburger Tor (S1, S2, S25), Potsdamer Platz (S1, S2, S25), Friedrichstraße (S1, S2, S25, S5, S7, S75, S9)
(always 10-15 minutes walk)
List of prohibited articles in the start / finish area
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start / finish area of the exhibition ground.
• Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
• Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
• Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
• Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes
• Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics.
• Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
• Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons.
• Laser pointer.
• Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls.
Map of start / finish area
The Pacemakers are allocated in all 3 starting waves, they carry a blue Pacerflag with the associated target time.
In wave 1 the pacers are for 3:00 - 3:15 and 3:30 h
In wave 2 they are for 3:15 - 3:30 - 3:45 and 4:00 h
In wave 3 they are for 3:30 - 3:45 -4: 00 - 4:15 - 4:30 and 5:00 h
Starting blocks & waves
There are three starting waves.
<2:20 - 2:40:00
from 9:15 am
2:40:01 - 2:50:00
2:50:01 - 3:00:00
3:00:01 - 3:15:00
3:15:01 - 3:30:00
3:30:01 - 3:50:00
from 9:35 am
3:50.01 - 4:15:00
or first marathon
from 10:00 am