The start is located between Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and "Kleiner Stern".
Not a good idea, since there is no parking space available for this event. We kindly ask you to come with public transportation.
By public transportation
A great idea, because from September 26 to September 29 your bib number is valid for public transportation (Zones ABC). The bib number must be carried with you*.
Nearest stops of public transportation:
- Subway: Friedrichstraße (U6)/ 12 minutes walk, Potsdamer Platz (U2)/ 8 minutes walk
- S-Bahn: Hauptbahnhof (S5, S7, S75, S9), Potsdamer Platz (S1, S2, S25), Friedrichstraße (S1, S2, S25, S5, S7, S75, S9)
- Regional trains: Hauptbahnhof (RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14), Potsdamer Platz (RE4, RE5) (approx. 10-15 minutes walking)
*you will get further information by mail in mid-September 2024
The start and finish area is accessible only for participants with official bib number and athlete's wristband.
The area will be open from 7:00 a.m.
- You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed.
Sunday, September 29, 2024
- 08:50 a.m.: Handbiker (Elite)
- 08:57 a.m.: Wheelchair competitors
- 08:57 a.m.: Handbiker
- from 09:15 a.m.: Runners (in four waves)
- Time limit: 6:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat)
- Cut-Off Point at KM 33 at 3:50pm
- Cut-Off Point at KM 38 at 4:35pm
Participants, who have not reached one of these points by the indicated time must leave the official course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the "broom waggon" to the finish. The organizer's liability is limited to participants who use the "broom waggon" service. Only participants who can prove all split times and run over the finish mat within the time limit will receive an official result, a medal, refreshment, massage and as the case may be the poncho.
*schedule and course are subject to change.
- Runners will start in waves, which are divided into starting blocks.
- You will be allocated to a specific starting block on the basis of your best or target time.
- You can change your best time in your user account under "My registrations" until September 22, 2024. Please note that if your time is faster than 3:15:00, you will need to provide proof (certificate/link to results list).
- You will find your starting block allocation on your race number.
- If you are running your first marathon and do not have a training or planned finish time, you will start from the last block.
- If you prefer to start from the slower block than the one on your race number, no problem. Just move to the back of a starting block.
- All participants deserve a fair race, so please be honest when you provide your race times on your registration, and enter the correct block on race day. Proper access to the starting blocks will be checked by volunteers.
- It will NOT be possible to change your best time or your starting block after September 22, 2024(23:59 CET), nor will it be at the MARATHON EXPO.
We want to support you on your way to your personal target time. Therfore we allocated pacemaker within the
four starting waves, they carry a Pacer flag with the associated target time.
- In wave 1 the pacers are for 3:00 - 3:15 and 3:30 h
- In wave 2 they are for 3:00- 3:15 - 3:30 - 3:45 h
- In wave 3 they are for 3:30 - 3:45 - 4: 00 and 4:15h
- In wave 4 they are for 4:15 - 4:30 - 4:45 and 5:00h
*subject to change
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start / finish area of the event site:
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes. Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics. Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons
- Laser pointer
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls
Use your own hydration system for your supply in the race. In this way, you also contribute to the avoidance of plastic waste. Refill-options for the hydration packs are installed at each refreshment station.
Approved is the following equipment:
- Hydration bag or vest
- Bag compartment with max 3 liters volume for hydration pack
- front pockets for water bottles (max 0.5 liters each)
- front pockets for small items (cell phone, keys, etc.)
- Drinking belt
- Compartments for water bottles (max. 0.5 liters each)
- Compartments for small materials (cell phone, keys, etc.)
Backpacks and vests of all kinds with pockets/compartments with a volume greater than 3 liters are not allowed.
Changing tents and showers are available in the start and finish area.
There will be sanitary facilities at each supply point.
We would like to ask that you not to wear headphones so that you can understand anything that other runners or volunteers might say to you. You would also be missing out on the remarkable sounds of the spectators and live bands.