Hall of Fame
Save the Date: On Friday, starting at 6:15 pm, interesting personalities will be available in the Hall of Fame: “Meet The Legends”!
- Guinness World Record contenders
- New members of the Hall of Fame (see above), Six-star Hopefuls (Joan Benoit Samuelson, first Olympic champion in the women’s marathon in 1984, and Constantina Dita (Olympic bronze medalist in 2008)
- Elite male and female runners from the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON: e.g. Kenenisa Bekele, Gladys Cheron, Meseret Defar
Hall of Fame near Brandenburg Gate
- Wednesday, September 25 | noon to 9:00 PM
- Thursday, September 26 | 10:00 AM to 9:00 PMr
- Freitag, September 27 | noon to 9:00 PM
- Samstag, September 28 | 10:00 AM to9:00 PM
- Sonntag, September 29 | 08:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Ebertstr./ Straße des 17. Juni near the Brandenburg Gate
What is offered there?
In 2017, the Hall of Fame at the BMW BERLIN MARATHON was launched to honor accomplished runners. New legends are being added every year.
This year, we welcome Christa Vahlensieck (winner of the Berlin Marathon in 1977 with the world’s best time) and Tegla Loroupe (winner of the Berlin Marathon in 1999 with a world record).
The mobile exhibition with life-size images of the athletes will be located near the Brandenburg Gate
Exclusive highlights at the BMW BERLIN MARATHON
The adidas BMW BERLIN MARATHON 2019 collection (debit or credit card payment only) and the Abbott World Marathon Majors Six-Star Finisher Medal will be presented at the Hall of Fame. There will also be highlights and important information about the BMW BERLIN MARATHON.
In addition to the life-size images of the legends, there are other nice photo ops waiting for you, with the lead vehicle (BMW i8) for the BMW BERLIN MARATHON and the Brandenburg Gate in the background, as well as the Gate of Fame, which lists the names of all of the participants in the 2019 BMW BERLIN MARATHON.