All Information at one Glance
Of course, preparations for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2022 (inlcuding inline skating) are already underway. We are full of anticipation to stand with you once again at the starting line in Berlin in September.
Since your health and the health of all involved has absolute priority for us, we will implement the then applicable legal regulations in September 2022 in the interest of all and inform you in time about the then current hygiene measures. Please understand that we cannot make any concrete statements at this point in time.
The BMW BERLIN-MARATHON is organized according to the international competition regulations (IWB) of the German Athletics Federation (DLV).
- Participants aged 18 (age group 2004) and older are allowed to attend the race
- the course must be completed within the time limit of 6:15 hours (starting from crossing the starting line)
- Nordic walkers are not entitled to compete
- Walker are permitted as long as they stay within the time limit of 6:15 hours
- Handbikes and race wheelchairs are the only authorized sports equiment
All relevant information for wheelchair competitors and handbikers can be found here.
Runners, handbikers, wheelchair competitors
The registration fee is 150 € per person
Due to higher expenses in the area of security, increasing costs of our service providers and growing wage costs, we cannot avoid adjusting the participation fees, so that we can continue to offer you high quality standards as well as first-class service, combined with the added value of four days of free public transportation to explore and experience the city in a sustainable way (see item "Your ticket for public transportation"). Thank you for your understanding.
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON-Package
- 20 min Massage at the MARATHON EXPO - only available with this package
- 1 adidas Event-Shirt
- 1 medal engraving
⇒ € 55,-
Please note that this massage is only available at the MARATHON EXPO* and only bookable with this package. On the day of the event there will be massages (free of charge) for all participants along the course and in the finish area.
Medal engraving with your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON finishing time
Pre-order the medal-engraving and have your personal finisher time engraved in your medal in the finish area - hassle-free with no need for cash.
⇒ € 11,-
Your HD Race Video
Preserve your memory of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON in HD quality as a 1.5 gigabyte download of your race in a zip file format. See your marathon race recorded by 20 to 25 cameras along the course of the marathon and share it with your family and friends via Facebook and Twitter. The video download also includes the highlights and a course view of the race.
The link for the video download will be sent to you by email a few days after the race. There will be extra costs for purchasing a DVD.
⇒ € 4.99
Your carbo-boost - the Pastalounge
In 2018 we initiated the Pastalounge for you to brace yourself for the upcoming 42,195 km race and to get to know fellow athletes in a pleasant atmosphere.
The Pastalounge takes place at the MARATHON EXPO in the so-called Showroom at hangar 5.*
⇒ € 20,-
Race Number Magnets (BibBits)
Good bye safety pins. Attach your bib number with the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON bibbits and get running.
⇒ € 8,90 per set of 4 magnets
BMW BERLIN-MARATHON Photo Package
Sportograf will be the official photo partner for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2022, covering your special moments from start to finish and in between! The more than 40 photographers will capture your ups and downs, your smiles and tough times and are offering stunning perspectives including the famous sights of Berlin in the background. Once the event is over, your photos will be online within the shortest time - sorted by bib number and professionally post-processed. You want personalized photos telling the story of YOUR BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2022? Make sure to have your bib number visible at all times, run at your best and Sportograf will do the rest.
⇒ € 29,99
Sportograf offers a presale for your personal photo package at a reduced price of 29,99 Euro. Once the photos are online, you automatically receive an email with the download link to your race photos. The package includes all your personal images, as well as a great selection of scenery and impression shots of the event.
* If you have pre-ordered the Pastalounge or a massage with the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON package, you will receive an email approx. 10 days prior to the event with further information on how to reserve your preferred time slot.
I RUN BERLIN - SHIRT (sold out)
STAY DRY AND COOL AS YOU TRAIN FOR THE BMW BERLIN-MARATHON.
Get the adidas I RUN BERLIN - shirt designed for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2022 for your training in the preparation. The T-shirt will show everyone that you are a proud participant of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON.
• Design: Surprise
⇒ € 35,- (sold out)
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON FINISHER-SHIRT
A SOFT, COZY TEE FOR POST-MARATHON RELAXATION.
Finish strong, then relax in this extra comfortable finisher t-shirt. Show the world that you are part of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2022 Community The finisher-shirt is made with super soft, lightweight fabric. It features sweat-wicking properties to help keep you dry.
• Design: Surprise
⇒ € 30,-
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON EVENT-SHIRT
STAY DRY AND COOL AS YOU PUSH FOR THE FINISH LINE.
The event-shirt is exclusively designed for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2022. The lightweight, breathable and moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry and provides comfort during your run. This event-shirt is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions.
• Design: Surprise
⇒ € 30,-
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON LEGEND JACKET
THE MUST-HAVE, ICONIC RUNNING JACKET FOR BMW BERLIN-MARATHON FANS AND ATHLETES.
The track jacket is made of lightweight sweat-wicking fabric. It has a stand-up collar to keep out chilly gusts of wind. The colour combination is designed exclusively for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2022. A unique souvenir.
⇒ € 120,-
- adidas size chart Download
- You will get your pre-ordered Event-Shirt, Finisher-Shirt and Legend-Jacket at the MARATHON EXPO with your race materials.
- The I RUN BERLIN-Shirt will be shipped approx. in march 2022
Your start card
- is your personal ticket to the MARATHON EXPO and thereby to your race kit
- will be sent by email approx. 10 days before the event (please check your spam/junk folder)
Your race kit
You get your race kit
- ONLY at the MARATHON EXPO and ONLY during opening hours*
- former Flughafen Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin.
- ONLY with your start card AND a picture ID (passport, driver's license)
- ONLY personally (no power of attorney accepted in any case)!
Your race kit consists of:
- your bib number and safety pins
- an athlete's wristband - will be put on your wrist at the MARATHON EXPO. It is your ticket to the start area. DO NOT remove it before leaving the finish area.
- a rental chip (if ordered) - If you have your own chip, please bring that to the pick-up
- a clothing bag OR a voucher for the poncho on your bib number (depending on what you have chosen at your registration)
- a goodie-bag with presents from our sponsors
- a voucher on your bib number for your pre-ordered services and merchandise from the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON collection
* information regarding the opening hours will follow
Your bib number is your ticket to the start and back home after the finish line.
In the spirit of sustainability, we have included a 4-day ticket for public transport areas A B C, which is valid from 22.09. - 25.09. 2022. Further information on use will follow with the start card at the beginning of September 2022.
With your registration you have the choice between the poncho and clothing bag. Please note that your choice cannot be changed afterwards.
- You will NOT get a clothing bag.
- On the race day you can NOT drop-off any clothes nor any valuables or bring any luggage to the start area.
- If you booked the poncho-option, you will find the corresponding symbol on your bib number.
- You will get the warming and reusable poncho after crossing the finish line.
- You save time, since you do not need to queue at the clothing drop-off.
- With your race kit you will get a transparent clothing bag and a sticker with your start number for the bag.
- Clothing and valuables have to be packed into the clothing bag in order to enter the starting area.
- All objects need to be packed separately and loosely. You may not put other bags in your clothing bag.
- Any kind of luggage is prohibited within the start/finish area!
- You drop off your clothing bag at the indicated tent and retrieve it there after you finished.
- You do NOT get a poncho!
We classify and honor our participants in the following categories:
- Master category (1992-2001)
- Senior category (1991 and older)
- Junior category (2002-2003)
There is an additional segmentation within the categories:
- Separate rating: Men/Women (Categories accoring to LAO)
- Separate rating: wheelchair athletes/ hand cyclists
- There won't be a separate power-walker event. Of course, you can still walk, but your time will be rated as a runner’s.
- Time measurement is done exclusively with the ChampionChip!
- The ChampionChip is a small plastic transponder that has to be fastened on your running shoe (no metal contact!) and will measure your personal race time.
Owner of a chip
Please provide your chip number during the registration process (seven-figure combination of digits and letters) .
You decide for a rental chip:
- The one-time rental fee is € 6,-
- Return the chip within two hours after the event. There are six different locations within the finish area where you can return your chip until 4:30 p.m.
Decide if and by whom you would like to be tracked along the course.
You have three options:
- “Public”– Anyone can follow you via the results page – simple and uncomplicated!
- “Code” – You decide who can track you during the race. You will receive a code that you can share with your supporters so they can see where you are at all times.
- “Private” – You do not want to be tracked.
You make the choice when you register.
Before you start with the registration, we would like to ask you to take 2-3 minutes of time to protect your health by completing our non-binding and free health check.
Regular physical activity has a positive effect on your health. However, sport is no guarantee for a risk-free state of health. Familial risk factors, but also lifestyle-related risks are not always in direct correlation with your training condition and should be known in advance. Therefore, please be honest with yourself when answering the questions.
With the PAPS test, we want to help you become aware of your own state of health—there are no consequences for your eligibility to participate. The recommendation at the end of the test is made available to you for your personal and voluntary further use. The PAPS test does not replace a visit to the doctor and cannot provide 100% certainty of an existing or emerging risk. The collected, non-personalized data will not be handed over to the organiser. The data may be used in anonymised and encrypted form for scientific purposes by the Medical Board of SCC EVENTS.
The medical team from the organizer as well as additional paramedics are responsible for the medical care during the event. The assigned staff is authorized and obligated to remove runners from the race who are hurt or overexerting.
Every person who decides to run a marathon should undergo a medical check at least ones a year.
During an event, we and various institutions such as the police, fire brigade or medical aid organisations often receive search requests for the whereabouts of missing participants. In order to be able to answer these as quickly as possible and in compliance with data protection laws, we ask you to list one or two contact persons to whom we may provide information should they request info as to whether you are undergoing medical treatment in a hospital.
We require the surname, first name, date of birth and telephone number of the contact persons.
Please understand that in case of inquiries – whether by telephone or at the information points in the finish area – we are only allowed to give information to the persons you have personally authorized with your registration.
The indication of an emergency contact is voluntary.
Refund of the registration fee
We apologise for any inconvenience but due to the high logistical and organisational effort we do not refund any registration fees .*
Race number transmission
is not possible without exception since it is person and event-related .*
Do I need a medical report?
But: When you do a free medical check- up at the MARATHON EXPO and the doctor advises against your participation in the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON, we will give you a voucher over a share of the registration fee. To attain the voucher give back your bib number and provide your anonymized data for sports medical purposes. The voucher is person-related and only valid for the event in the following year with submission of the medical report.*
* for detailed description see our general terms and condition
The cancellation insurance will be processed via the product “GENERALI cancellation insurance” by "Europ Assistance SA, Niederlassung für Deutschland. It is an insurance covering your participation fee in case of cancellation as a consequence of specific events. Any booked extras are not included.
What is insured?
Please find all information with regard to the insurance coverage here.
Insured events are e.g.:
- unexpected and serious illness
- Death, serious injuries following an accident, complications of pregnancy or falling pregnant after taking out the insurance policy
- Loss of employment and subsequent unemployment due to unexpected redundancy.
- Substantial damage to your property as a result of fire, water pipe rupture, natural hazards or unlawful entry of your property by third parties (E.g. burglary) if over 50000 Euros.
Sum insured: corresponds to the insured registration fee
What is not insured?
If you do not attend the planned event because it does not take place or is postponed.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
Some events are not covered by the insurance. The following, amongst others, are not insured:
- If the insured person fraudulently attempts to deceive about circumstances that are relevant to the cause or the amount of the loss or if the insured person intentionally caused the loss
- Acts of war, civil unrests and acts of terrorism.
- If the loss was foreseeable at the time the participation to the race was booked or the policy was taken out.
What are my obligations?
- You must report each and every insured loss without delay (telephone number in the event of damage: + 49 89 55 987 8387, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You must submit the requested documentation including the confirmation of the cancellation.
When and how do I pay?
The one-time premium is due immediately after concluding the insurance policy (binding registration for the event while booking the insurance). It must be paid using the payment method agreed upon.
When does the cover start and end?
The insurance cover begins with binding registration for the event, but not before the conclusion of the insurance policy. This is conditional upon your payment of the premium. Otherwise, insurance cover shall start to take effect upon payment. It ends with end of the event in question. Any risks during the event are not covered.