All Information at one Glance
The BMW BERLIN-MARATHON offers runners one of the largest running stages in the world. Be there when around 45,000 runners get the city moving and experience your personal running highlight in 2023. Be a Berlin Legend!
As for all events of the Abbott World Marathon Majors Series (AbbottWMM), the allocation of the race entries will be conducted by lottery.
Registration for the lottery is possible from September 29th to November 17th, 2022.
The BMW BERLIN-MARATHON is organized according to the international competition regulations (IWB) of the German Athletics Federation (DLV).
- Participants aged 18 (age group 2005) and older are allowed to attend the race
- the course must be completed within the time limit of 6:15 hours (starting from crossing the starting line)
- Nordic walkers are not entitled to compete
- Walker are permitted as long as they stay within the time limit of 6:15 hours
- Handbikes and race wheelchairs are the only authorized sports equiment
All relevant information for wheelchair competitors and handbikers can be found here.
Runners, Handbiker and Wheelchair competitors
The participation fee is 163,- Euros per person.
- 20 min Massage (at the MARATHON EXPO, only available with this package)
- 1 adidas Event-Shirt
- 1 medal engravin
⇒ € 60,-
Please note that this massage is only available on the days of the MARATHON EXPO September 21 -23, 2023 and only bookable with this package. On the day of the event there will be massages (free of charge) for all participants along the course and in the finish area.
We initiated the Pastalounge for you to brace yourself for the upcoming 42.195 km race and to get to know fellow athletes in a pleasant atmosphere.
The Pastalounge takes place at the MARATHON EXPO in the so-called Showroom at hangar 5.*
⇒ € 25,-
Pre-order the medal-engraving and have your your personal finisher time engraved in your medal in the finish area - hassle-free with no need for cash.
⇒ € 12,-
Race Number Magnets (BibBits)
Good bye safety pins. Attach your bib number with the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON bibbits and get running.
⇒ € 9,90 / Price per set of 4 Magnets
Photo and Video Package
Sportograf will be the official photo partner for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2023, covering your special moments from start to finish and in between! The more than 40 photographers will capture your ups and downs, your smiles and tough times and are offering stunning perspectives including the famous sights of Berlin in the background. Once the event is over, your photos will be online within the shortest time - sorted by bib number and professionally post-processed.
New in 2023: Sportograf will add a 1-minute video with a personal scene on the home stretch to your photographic highlights fromt the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON.
You want personalized photos telling the story of YOUR BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2023? Make sure to have your bib number visible at all times, run at your best and Sportograf will do the rest.
⇒ € 34.99
Sportograf offers a presale for your personal photo package at a reduced price of 34.99 Euro. Once the photos are online, you automatically receive an email with the download link to your race photos. The package includes all your personal images, as well as a great selection of scenery and impression shots of the event. Get your photo package and share your highlights with friends and family on your social networks after the race.
With the help of your environmental donation, we are supporting regional projects in environmental protection and nature conservation. This is part of our joint commitment with WWF Germany for a more sustainable marathon. Together with you, we can do lots of good and preserve and reclaim areas worthy of nature conservation.
BMW BERLIN-MARATHON FINISHER TEE
A SOFT, COZY TEE FOR POST-MARATHON RELAXATION.
Finish strong, then relax in this extra comfortable finisher t-shirt. Show the world that you are part of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2023 Community The t-shirt is made with super soft, lightweight fabric. It features sweat-wicking properties to help keep you dry.
• Design: surprise
⇒ € 35,-
BMW BERLIN-MARATHON EVENT TEE
STAY DRY AND COOL AS YOU PUSH FOR THE FINISH LINE.
The t-shirt is exclusively designed for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2023. The lightweight, breathable and moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry and the regular fit provides comfort during your run.
• Design: surprise
⇒ € 35,-
BMW BERLIN-MARATHON LEGEND JACKET
THE MUST-HAVE, ICONIC RUNNING JACKET FOR BMW BERLIN-MARATHON FANS AND ATHLETES.
The track jacket is made of lightweight sweat-wicking fabric. It has a stand-up collar to keep out chilly gusts of wind. The jacket is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions. The colour combination is designed exclusively for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2023. A unique souvenir.
• Design: surprise
⇒ € 120,-
- These products are provided by adidas. In case of an order, adidas is the contractual partner.
- You will get all your pre-ordered products on the MARATHON EXPO as well as your race materials.
- adidas size chart Download
In the spirit of sustainability, we have included a 4-day ticket for public transport in the fare zone A B C, which is valid from September, 21. to 24, 2023. Further information on use will follow with the start card mailing in mid-September 2023.
Take the opportunity to start your personal countdown to the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON at the Berlin Road Race on August 27, 2023, on a flat course through the residential districts of Steglitz, Zehlendorf and Wilmersdorf. When registering for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2023, add a race entry for the Berlin Road Race and benefit from a discounted race entry—if you get into the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON. You will receive the corresponding access code for the Berlin Road Race by mail in spring 2023 to register for the Berlin Road Race.
With your registration you have the choice between a clothing bag or a poncho. Please note that your decision is binding and cannot be changed afterwards.
- You will NOT get a clothing bag.
- On Sep. 24, you may NOT drop-off any clothes nor any valuables or bring any luggage to the start area.
- If you booked the poncho-option, you will find the corresponding symbol on your bib number.
- You will get the warming and reusable poncho after crossing the finish line.
- You save time, since you do not need to queue at the clothing drop-off.
- With your race kit you will get a transparent clothing bag and a sticker with your start number for the bag.
- Clothing and valuables have to be packed into the clothing bag in order to enter the starting area.
- All objects need to be packed separately and loosely. You may not put other bags in your clothing bag.
- Any kind of luggage is prohibited within the start/finish area!
- You drop off your clothing bag at the indicated tent and retrieve it there after you finish.
- You DO NOT get a poncho!
Your start card
- is your personal ticket to the MARATHON EXPO and thereby to your race material
- will be sent by email approx. 10 days before the event (please check your spam/junk folder)
Your race material
You get your race material
- ONLY at the MARATHON EXPO during opening hours
- at former Flughafen Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin.
- ONLY with your start card AND a picture ID (passport, driver's license)
- ONLY personally (no power of attorney accepted in any case)!
Your race material consists of:
- your bib number and safety pins
- an athlete's wristband - will be put on your wrist at the MARATHON EXPO, it is your ticket to the start area. ! DO NOT remove it before finishing your race..
- a rental chip (if ordered) - If you have your own chip, please bring that to the race material pick-up
- a clothing bag OR a voucher for the poncho on your bib number (depending on what you have chosen at your registration; the selection is binding and cannot be changed)
- a goodie-bag with presents from our sponsors
- a voucher on your bib number for your pre-ordered services and merchandise from the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON collection
- Time measurement is done exclusively with the ChampionChip!
- The ChampionChip is a small plastic transponder that has to be fastened on your running shoe (no metal contact!) and will measure your personal race time.
Owner of a chip
Please provide your chip number during the registration process (seven-figure combination of digits and letters) .
You decide for a rental chip:
- The one-time rental fee is € 6,-
- Return the chip within two hours after the event
We classify and honor our participants in the following categories:
- Master category (1994-2003)
- Senior category (1993 and older)
- Junior category (2004-2005)
There is an additional segmentation within the categories:
- Separate rating: Men/Women (Categories accoring to LAO)
- Separate rating: wheelchair athletes/ hand cyclists
- There won't be a separate power-walker event. Of course, you can still walk, - as long as you stay within the time limit of 6:15 h - but your time will be rated as a runner’s.
Decide if and by whom you would like to be tracked along the course.
You have three options:
- “Public”– Anyone can follow you via the results page – simple and uncomplicated!
- “Code” – You decide who can track you during the race. You will receive a code that you can share with your supporters so they can see where you are at all times.
- “Private” – You do not want to be tracked.
You make the choice when you register.
Before you start with the registration, we would like to ask you to take 2-3 minutes of time to protect your health by completing our non-binding and free health check.
Regular physical activity has a positive effect on your health. However, sport is no guarantee for a risk-free state of health. Familial risk factors, but also lifestyle-related risks are not always in direct correlation with your training condition and should be known in advance. Therefore, please be honest with yourself when answering the questions.
With the PAPS test, we want to help you become aware of your own state of health—there are no consequences for your eligibility to participate. The recommendation at the end of the test is made available to you for your personal and voluntary further use. The PAPS test does not replace a visit to the doctor and cannot provide 100% certainty of an existing or emerging risk. The collected, non-personalized data will not be handed over to the organiser. The data may be used in anonymised and encrypted form for scientific purposes by the Medical Board of SCC EVENTS.
The medical care is in the responsibility of the medical team from the organzier as well as from additional paramedics. The assigned staff is authorized and obligated to remove runners from the race who are hurt or overexerting.
Every person who decides to run in a marathon should undergo a medical check at least ones a year.
Refund of the participation fee
We apologise for any inconvenience but we are not able to refund any participation fees due to the high logistical and organisational effort.*
To cover the participation fee, we recommend purchasing the GENERALI cancellation insurance during the online registration.
Race number transmission
is not possible since the entry is person and event-related .*
Do I need a medical report?
But: when you do a free medical check- up at the MARATHON EXPO and the doctor advises against the participation of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON, we will give you a voucher over a share of the participation fee. To attain the voucher give back your bib number and provide your anonymized data for sports medical purposes. The voucher is person- related and only valid for the event in the following year with submission of the medical report.*
In case of pregnancy we offer the possibility to postpone your entry up to 3 years. The pregnancy must be proven by a medical certificate. For more information you can contact us via our contact form.
* for detailed description see general terms and condition
The cancellation insurance will be processed via the product “GENERALI cancellation insurance” by "Europ Assistance SA, Niederlassung für Deutschland. It is an insurance covering your participation fee in case of cancellation as a consequence of specific events. Any booked extras are not included.
What is insured?
Please find all information with regard to the insurance coverage here:
Insured events are e.g.:
Unexpected and serious illness.
Death, serious injuries following an accident, complications of pregnancy or falling pregnant after taking out the insurance policy
Loss of employment and subsequent unemployment due to unexpected redundancy.
Substantial damage to your property as a result of fire, water pipe rupture, natural hazards or unlawful entry of your property by third parties (E.g. burglary) if over 50000 Euros.
Sum insured: corresponds to the insured registration fee.
What is not insured?
If you do not attend the planned event because it does not take place or is postponed.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
Some events are not covered by the insurance. The following, amongst others, are not insured:
If the insured person fraudulently attempts to deceive about circumstances that are relevant to the cause or the amount of the loss or if the insured person intentionally caused the loss
Acts of war, civil unrests and acts of terrorism.
If the loss was foreseeable at the time the participation to the race was booked or the policy was taken out.
What are my obligations?
You must report each and every insured loss without delay. (telephone number in the event of damage: + 49 89 55 987 8579 ; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
You must submit the requested documentation inclusive the confirmation of the cancellation.
When and how do I pay?
The one-time premium is due immediately after concluding the insurance policy (binding registration for the event while booking the insurance). It must be paid using the payment method agreed upon.
When does the cover start and end?
The insurance cover begins with binding registration for the event, but not before the conclusion of the insurance policy. This is conditional upon your payment of the premium. Otherwise, insurance cover shall start to take effect upon payment. It ends with end of the event in question. Any risks during the event are not covered.