All Information at one Glance
For 50 years, record-breaking, colorful, inspiring: That and so much more defines the BMW BERLIN MARATHON. Along the course, the capital is transformed into a gigantic party mile. It is THE sporting highlight for running enthusiasts. Those looking for moving moments will find them at our 50th anniversary edition.
Before you register, get an overview here about eligibility, participation fee, exclusive BMW BERLIN MARATHON products and cancellation insurance. As with all events of the Abbott World Marathon Majors Series (AbbottWMM), the allocation of therace entries is done by lottery. more information about drawing procedure
The BMW BERLIN-MARATHON is organized according to the international competition regulations (IWB) of the German Athletics Federation (DLV).
- Participants aged 18 (age group 2006) and older are allowed to attend the race
- the course must be completed within the time limit of 6:15 hours (starting from crossing the starting line)
- Nordic walkers are not entitled to compete
- Walker are permitted as long as they stay within the time limit of 6:15 hours
- Handbikes and race wheelchairs are the only authorized sports equiment
All relevant information for wheelchair competitors and handbikers can be found here.
Participation fee: 205 €
The total package includes:
- Your race entry for the 50th BMW BERLIN-MARATHON for a very special anniversary that we will be celebrating in 2024
- Including timekeeping
- 4-day ticket for public transportation in fare zone ABC
- Pacemaker for each start wave to guide individual finish times
- BMW BERLIN-MARATHON app with extensive tracking options, among other things
- Extensive refreshments along the course and at the finish
- Comprehensive course security and closures of the 42 km circuit (current world record course)
- Finisher medal
- Personalized finisher certificate (e-paper)
- High-quality poncho at the finish line, which can also be reused for other occasions (alternatively, clothing bag drop-off for 5€)
- Massage service for sore muscles along the course and in the finish area
- Medical care at the EXPO, at the course and in the finish area
- Shower facilities in the finish area
- Extensive measures for the continuous improvement of the sustainability of the event
- Varied "Special Entertainment", such as the presentation of the top athletes at the "Meet the Legends" event and the "Hall of Fame", literature marathon, ecumenical church service, cheering points, music bands along the entire course and much more
- MARATHON EXPO with a huge merchandising area, with many other vendors
Anniversary Buddy Bär
The 22 cm high Buddy Bear will appear for the first time in the BERLIN-MARATHON design (let yourself be surprised!). Each bear is completely handmade.
The Buddy Bear stands for Berlin like no other souvenir. As ambassador of the city he stands for tolerance, friendliness, cheerfulness, versatility and acceptance. The BMW BERLIN-MARATHON has also dedicated itself to these values and we are happy if they are carried around the world by our participants in the form of this souvenir.
⇒ € 79,50
50 years BERLIN-MARATHON coin
The 13 world records that were run on the fastest course in the world in Berlin on the front, the top sights along the route on the back. Get your beautiful memory of this very special anniversary.
See the design here.
⇒ € 27,90
Massage before your race
Pick up your race kit in the days leading up to the race and enjoy a 20-minute massage at the MARATHON EXPO.
⇒ € 15,-
Maurten Race Pack
Fuel your race day right with this product selection from Maurten — Official On-Course Nutrition Partner:
- 1 x Solid 225
- 1 x Solid 225 C
- 3 x Gel 100
- 1 x Drink Mix 320
- 1 x Drink Mix 160
- a limited edition 500 ml Berlin 2024 bottle
- 1 x Marathon Fuel Guide
⇒ € 25,-
The Maurten Race Pack will be issued at MARATHON EXPO 2024. This product is provided by Maurten AB. In the event of an order, Maurten AB is the contractual partner.
Bib Number Magnets (BibBits)
Good bye safety pins. Attach your bib number with the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON bibbits and get running.
⇒ € 9,90 per set of 4 magnets
Pre-order the medal-engraving and have your personal finisher time engraved in your medal in the finish area.
⇒ € 12,-
Photo & Video Package
Sportograf will be the official photo partner for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2024, covering your special moments from start to finish and in between! The more than 40 photographers will capture your ups and downs, your smiles and tough times and are offering stunning perspectives including the famous sights of Berlin in the background. Once the event is over, your photos will be online within the shortest time - sorted by bib number and professionally post-processed. You want personalized photos and a appr. 1 minute video of you on the home stretch, telling the story of your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2024? Make sure to have your bib number visible at all times, run at your best and Sportograf will do the rest.
⇒ € 39,90
Sportograf offers a presale for your personal photo and video package at a reduced price of 39,90 Euro. Once the photos are online, you automatically receive an email with the download link to your race photos. The package includes all your personal images, as well as a great selection of scenery and impression shots of the event.
With the help of your environmental donation, we support regional environmental and nature conservation projects. This is part of our joint commitment with WWF Germany for a more sustainable marathon. Together with you, we can do a lot of good and preserve and reclaim areas worthy of nature conservation.
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON EVENT-SHIRT
STAY DRY AND COOL AS YOU PUSH FOR THE FINISH LINE.
The event-shirt is exclusively designed for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2024. The lightweight, breathable and moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry and provides comfort during your run. This event-shirt is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions.
• Design: Surprise
⇒ € 40,-
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON FINISHER-SHIRT
A SOFT, COZY TEE FOR POST-MARATHON RELAXATION.
Finish strong, then relax in this extra comfortable finisher t-shirt. Show the world that you are part of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2024 Community The finisher-shirt is made with super soft, lightweight fabric. It features sweat-wicking properties to help keep you dry.
• Design: Surprise
⇒ € 40,-
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON LEGEND JACKET
THE MUST-HAVE, ICONIC RUNNING JACKET FOR BMW BERLIN-MARATHON FANS AND ATHLETES.
The track jacket is made of lightweight sweat-wicking fabric. It has a stand-up collar to keep out chilly gusts of wind. The colour combination is designed exclusively for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2024. A unique souvenir.
⇒ € 120,-
- These products are provided by adidas. In the event of an order, adidas is the contractual partner.
- You will get your pre-ordered Event-Shirt, Finisher-Shirt and Legend-Jacket at the MARATHON EXPO with your race materials.
- adidas size chart Download
In 2024, a warming and reusable poncho awaits all finishers at the finish line. This is free of charge and can be a great reminder of your run and the anniversary marathon. Alternatively, a clothing bag can be booked for € 5 if desired. Please note that if you book a clothing bag, there will unfortunately be no poncho waiting for you at the finish line. The selection made during registration is binding and cannot be changed afterwards.
- Will be provided for you automatically if no clothing bag has been booked.
- You save time, since you do not need to queue at the clothing drop-off.
- On the race day you can NOT drop-off any clothes nor any valuables or bring any luggage to the start area.
- You will find the corresponding poncho symbol on your bib number.
- You will get the warming and reusable poncho after crossing the finish line.
- With your race kit you will get a transparent clothing bag and a sticker with your start number for the bag.
- Clothing and valuables have to be packed into the clothing bag in order to enter the starting area.
- All objects need to be packed separately and loosely. You may not put other bags in your clothing bag.
- Any kind of luggage is prohibited within the start/finish area!
- You drop off your clothing bag at the indicated tent and retrieve it there after you finished.
- You do NOT get a poncho!
⇒ € 5,-
Your bib number is your ticket to the start and back home after the finish line.
In the spirit of sustainability, we have included a 4-day ticket for public transport for fare zone ABC, which is valid from 26.09. - 29.09.2024. Further information on use will follow with the start card mailing in mid-September 2024.
Your start card
- is your personal ticket to the MARATHON EXPO and thereby to your race material
- will be sent by email approx. 10 days before the event (please check your spam/junk folder)
Your race material
You get your race material
- ONLY at the MARATHON EXPO and ONLY during opening hours
- former Flughafen Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin.
- ONLY with your start card AND a picture ID (passport, driver's license)
- ONLY personally (no power of attorney accepted in any case)!
Your race material consists of:
- your bib number and safety pins
- an athlete's wristband - will be put on your wrist at the MARATHON EXPO. It is your ticket to the start area. DO NOT remove it before leaving the finish area on race day
- a clothing bag OR a voucher for the poncho on your bib number (depending on what you have chosen at your registration; selection is binding and cannot be changed)
- a goodie-bag with presents from our sponsors
- a voucher on your bib number for your pre-ordered services and merchandise from the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON collection
We classify and honor our participants in the following categories:
- Master category (1995-2041)
- Senior category (1994 and older)
- U20 (2005-2006)
There is an additional segmentation within the categories:
- Separate rating: Men/Women (Categories accoring to LAO)
- Separate rating: wheelchair athletes/ hand cyclists
- There won't be a separate power-walker event. Of course, you can still walk, but your time will be rated as a runner’s.
Decide if and by whom you would like to be tracked along the course.
You have three options:
- “Public”– Anyone can follow you via the results page – simple and uncomplicated!
- “Code” – You decide who can track you during the race. You will receive a code that you can share with your supporters so they can see where you are at all times.
- “Private” – You do not want to be tracked.
You make the choice when you register.
Before you start with the registration, we would like to ask you to take 2-3 minutes of time to protect your health by completing our non-binding and free health check.
Regular physical activity has a positive effect on your health. However, sport is no guarantee for a risk-free state of health. Familial risk factors, but also lifestyle-related risks are not always in direct correlation with your training condition and should be known in advance. Therefore, please be honest with yourself when answering the questions.
With the PAPS test, we want to help you become aware of your own state of health—there are no consequences for your eligibility to participate. The recommendation at the end of the test is made available to you for your personal and voluntary further use. The PAPS test does not replace a visit to the doctor and cannot provide 100% certainty of an existing or emerging risk. The collected, non-personalized data will not be handed over to the organiser. The data may be used in anonymised and encrypted form for scientific purposes by the Medical Board of SCC EVENTS.
The medical team from the organizer as well as additional paramedics are responsible for the medical care during the event. The assigned staff is authorized and obligated to remove runners from the race who are hurt or overexerting.
Every person who decides to run a marathon should undergo a medical check at least ones a year.
During an event, we and various institutions such as the police, fire brigade or medical aid organisations often receive search requests for the whereabouts of missing participants. In order to be able to answer these as quickly as possible and in compliance with data protection laws, we ask you to list one or two contact persons to whom we may provide information should they request info as to whether you are undergoing medical treatment in a hospital.
We require the surname, first name, date of birth and telephone number of the contact persons.
Please understand that in case of inquiries – whether by telephone or at the information points in the finish area – we are only allowed to give information to the persons you have personally authorized with your registration.
The indication of an emergency contact is voluntary.
Refund of the participation fee
We apologise for any inconvenience but due to the high logistical and organisational effort we do not refund any participation fees.
We recommend that you purchase GENERALI Cancellation Insurance at the time of registration to cover the participation fee.
Race number transmission
Race entries are person and event related and therefore not transferable to another person or to another year.
In case of pregnancy we offer the possibility to postpone your entry up to 3 years. The pregnancy must be proven by a medical certificate. For more information you can contact us via our contact form.
The cancellation insurance will be processed via the product “GENERALI cancellation insurance” by "Europ Assistance SA, Niederlassung für Deutschland". It is an insurance covering your participation fee in case of cancellation as a consequence of specific events. Any booked extras are not included.
What is insured?
Please find all information with regard to the insurance coverage here.
Insured events are e.g.:
- unexpected and serious illness
- Death, serious injuries following an accident, complications of pregnancy or falling pregnant after taking out the insurance policy
- Loss of employment and subsequent unemployment due to unexpected redundancy.
- Substantial damage to your property as a result of fire, water pipe rupture, natural hazards or unlawful entry of your property by third parties (E.g. burglary) if over 50000 Euros.
Sum insured: corresponds to the insured registration fee
What is not insured?
If you do not attend the planned event because it does not take place or is postponed.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
Some events are not covered by the insurance. The following, amongst others, are not insured:
- If the insured person fraudulently attempts to deceive about circumstances that are relevant to the cause or the amount of the loss or if the insured person intentionally caused the loss
- Acts of war, civil unrests and acts of terrorism.
- If the loss was foreseeable at the time the participation to the race was booked or the policy was taken out.
What are my obligations?
- You must report each and every insured loss without delay (telephone number in the event of damage: + 49 89 55 987 8387, Email: email@example.com)
- You must submit the requested documents including the confirmation of cancellation which you will receive when cancelling via your user account under "My registrations > BMW BERLIN-MARATHON > Options for cancellation".
When and how do I pay?
The one-time premium is due immediately after concluding the insurance policy (binding registration for the event while booking the insurance). It must be paid using the payment method agreed upon.
When does the cover start and end?
The insurance cover begins with binding registration for the event, but not before the conclusion of the insurance policy. This is conditional upon your payment of the premium. Otherwise, insurance cover shall start to take effect upon payment. It ends with end of the event in question. Any risks during the event are not covered.