The start is located between Straße des 17. Juni, between Brandenburg Gate and "Kleiner Stern".
Not a good idea, since there is no parking space available for this event. We kindly ask you to come with public transportation.
By public transportation
A great idea, because on race day from september 22 until september 25 your bib number is valid for public transportation (Zones ABC). The bib number must be carried with you*.
Nearest stops of public transportation:
- Subway: Friedrichstraße (U6)/ 12 minutes walk, Potsdamer Platz (U2)/ 8 minutes walk
- S-Bahn: Hauptbahnhof (S5, S7, S75, S9), Potsdamer Platz (S1, S2, S25), Friedrichstraße (S1, S2, S25, S5, S7, S75, S9)
- Regional trains: Hauptbahnhof (RE1, RE2, RE7, RB14), Potsdamer Platz (RE4, RE5) (approx. 10-15 minutes walking)
*you will get further information by mail
The start and finish area is accessible only for participants with official bib number and athlete's wristband.
The area will be open from 7:00 a.m.
- You will need to leave your friends and relatives behind. Dogs and bicycles are not allowed.
Sunday, September 24, 2023
- 08:50 a.m.: Handbiker (Elite)
- 08:57 a.m.: Wheelchair competitors
- 08:57 a.m.: Handbiker
- from 09:15 a.m.: Runners (in four waves)
- Time limit: 6:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat)
- Cut-Off Point at KM 38,5: Participants, who have not reached this point by 4:40pm must leave the official course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the broom waggon to the finish. The organizer's liability is limited to participants who use the "broom waggon" service. Only participants who can prove all split times and run over the finish mat until the finish time will receive an official result and a medal, refreshment, massage and as the case may be the poncho.
* The schedule and running course are subject to change.
- Runners will start in waves, which are divided into starting blocks.
- You will be allocated to a specific starting block on the basis of your best or target time.
- You can change your best time in your user account under "My registrations". Please note that if your time is faster than 3:15:00, you will need to provide proof (certificate/link to results list).
- You will find your starting block allocation on your race number.
- If you are running your first marathon and do not have a training or planned finish time, you will start from the last block.
- If you prefer to start from the slower block than the one on your race number, no problem. Just move to the back of a starting block.
- All participants deserve a fair race, so please be honest when you provide your race times on your registration, and enter the correct block on race day. Proper access to the starting blocks will be checked by volunteers.
- It will NOT be possible to change your best time or your starting block after September 19 2023(23:59 CET), nor will it be at the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON EXPO.
We want to support you on your way to your personal target time. Therfore we allocated pacemaker within the
four starting waves, they carry a Pacer flag with the associated target time.
- In wave 1 the pacers are for 3:00 - 3:15 and 3:30 h
- In wave 2 they are for 3:00- 3:15 - 3:30 - 3:45 h
- In wave 3 they are for 3:30 - 3:45 - 4: 00 and 4:15h
- In wave 4 they are for 4:15 - 4:30 - 4:45 and 5:00h
*subject to change
Every year we receive messages from sad runners who can’t find their time in the results. That’s not on behalf of us nor in the runners‘ interest.
For this reason:
- Wear the chip at the foot (shoelace) or at the ankle (tape)
- Do not wear it above the calf, the chip won’t register when you step over the finish line (not in pockets or as a necklace)
- The chip should not get in contact with anything made out of metal
- To avoid transposed numbers: please compare the chip number stated on the bib with the numer on the chip.
Please contact the support team if the numbers are NOT identical!
The following items are prohibited for safety reasons in the start / finish area of the event ground:
- Weapons of any kind, including those items that are used as weapons, batons, shock and stabbing weapons or missiles.
- Gas spray cans, corrosive, flammable substances, dyestuffs or receptacles containing substances which are harmful to health or are highly flammable (exception: Standard pocket lighters).
- Bottles, cups, jugs, cans or other items that are made of glass or other fragile material.
- Bulky items such as ladders, stools, (folding) chairs, boxes. Fireworks, flares, smoke powder and -bombs or other pyrotechnics. Flag or banner poles, which are longer than 1 m, or whose diameter is larger than 3 cm, and "double holders" (brought or approved flags and banners which have a "flame-retardant" material).
- Mechanically operated sound-emitting devices such as Megaphones, klaxons
- Laser pointer
- Larger quantities of paper and paper rolls
Use your own hydration system for your supply in the race. In this way, you also contribute to the avoidance of plastic waste.
Refill-options for the hydration packs are installed at each refreshment station. Approved is the following equipment:
- Hydration bag or vest
- Bag compartment with max 3 liters volume for hydration pack
- front pockets for water bottles (max 0.5 liters each)
- front pockets for small items (cell phone, keys, etc.)
- Drinking belt
- Compartments for water bottles (max. 0.5 liters each)
- Compartments for small materials (cell phone, keys, etc.)
Backpacks and vests of all kinds with pockets/compartments with a volume greater than 3 liters are not allowed.
Changing tents and showers are available in the start and finish area.
There will be sanitary facilities at each supply point.
We would like to ask that you not to wear headphones so that you can understand anything that other runners or volunteers might say to you. You would also be missing out on the remarkable sounds of the spectators and live bands.
The existing hygiene and distance rules will be adapted according to the legal requirements.