Looking for some high speed, fun and action?
Then Kids Skating is just what you need! Kids and youth are a central part of every SCC EVENTS skating happening. Inline skating simply is fun, especially when you can skate with others your age. Anyone can participate – from beginners to experienced skaters, you are all welcome! The only requirement is that you like to have fun on wheels – and you should know how to brake. Races range from 500 meters to 2.000 meters depending on age group. If you want to try skating without any race pressure, you can participate in the category “Beginners.”
Scooter races for everyone!
You can also race with your kickboards and scooters, regardless of whether they have two or three wheels. A doublestart is possible too: first on skates, then on your scooter!
Age groups and distances
The following distances are open to boys and girls:
- Beginners – everybody up to 13 years (year of birth 2006 and younger) – ca. 500 meters
- School Kids – 8-10 years (year of birth 2009-11) – ca. 1.000 meters
- Juniors – 11-13 years (year of birth 2008-06) – ca. 2.000 meters
- everybody up to 13 years (year of birth 2005 and younger) – ca. 500 meters
“Beginners” can join in the fun without any race pressure. Everyone is a winner and will compete with the number 1 bib and receive a medal and certificate at the finish. Kids up to age 13 can participate as “beginners.”
Registration & bib number pick-up
Registration and bib number pick-up is possible on site up to 30 minutes before the start.
The registration fee is 3,- Euros per child, payable on site.
Registration forms are available on race day or online and should be handed in on site before the event. Please do not send via e-mail or fax!
Bib numbers should be attached vertically on the right thigh.
Safety and wheel sizes
A helmet is obligatory for all kids, for the inline skating races wristguards are mandatory as well. It is also recommended to wear protection for elbows and knees.
Maximum allowed wheel size for inline skates:
- Beginners (everybody up to 13 years): max. 80 mm
- School Kids (8-10 years): max. 84 mm
- Juniors (11-13 years): max. 90 mm
Date and venue
Saturday, September 28, 2019
marathon home stretch, between Brandenburg Gate and the marathon finish line
How to get there
please enter via the southern side/Potsdamer Platz
only on site from 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
Subject to change.
Certificates and medals
Every child will receive a medal and a certificate.
In addition, there will be an award ceremony for the top three boys and top three girls in the categories “school kids” and “juniors”. Also the youngest participating girl and boy will receive special recognition. There will not be any timekeeping, but ranking will be decided according to the order in which the finish line is passed.
How about... ?
- Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Venue: HALF MARATHON EXPO (former Airport Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin)
- Inline Skating Beginners: ca. 500 meters
- Inline Skating School Kids: ca.1.000 meters
- Inline Skating Juniors: ca. 2.000 meters
- Scooter: ca. 500 meters
- Starting time: to be announced
- Registration: only on site until 30 minutes before the start