Wheelchair competitors and handbiker
Regardless of the type of disablement, the participation is only possible when the participant is able to compete under one's own strength.
Auxiliary drives of any kind are not allowed
Kneeling bikes are not allowed in the race
T 1 Quadriplegic Tetraplegia C5/C6: No functionality of the legs, trunk or fingers; no ability to straighten the elbows
T 2 Quadriplegic Tetraplegia C6/C7: No functionality of the legs or trunk; limited hand functionality; arms and shoulders fully functional
T 3/4 Quadriplegic Paraplegia and other disabilities (e.g. amputations): Full arm and hand functionality; limited to full trunk functionality; some impaired leg functionality.
- H1–H4 Recumbent: only hand cycle or adaptive bike
- H1 Tetraplegia C6 and higher:Limited functionality of the arms and hands; severe limitations to straightening the elbows; limited temperature regulation
- H2 Tetraplegia C7/C8: Limited functionality of the arms and hands; limited temperature regulation
- H3 Paraplegia up to TH10: Limited trunk stability
- H4 Paraplegia from TH11 to L4, leg amputations : Limited or no lower leg functionality; double upper leg amputations; normal or almost normal trunk stability
Wearing a safety helmet is mandatory. No start without a helmet!
The company "Seeger hilft GmbH & Co. KG" will be on site for the technical wheelchair service in the starting area at 7 a.m. If you need to stop the race, have a technical breakdown, etc.,"Seeger hilft GmbH & Co. KG" will also be on the track with a service vehicle available. Please have suitable tires and other spare parts with you.
If it is no longer possible to finish the competition, transport from the track to the finish is available via the Johanniter Unfallhilfe. A transport vehicle will accompany the competition ahead of the top of the runners' field and take over transports. Please contact one of the volunteers along the course if you need these services.
- The start will be lined up at 8:25 a.m.. Late arrivals will be lined up at the back!
- Failure to follow the instructions at the start may result in the participant being excluded. Starting line up below!
- Handbikers – Elite (see starting list): 8:50 a.m.
- Wheelchair athletes: 8:56 a.m.
- Handbikers: 8:59 a.m.
- Access for wheelchair users and handbikers as well as the security check will be carried out via the northern pedestrian path of Strasse des 17. Juni.
- Access via Strasse des 17. Juni is not possible
- For warm-up, Strasse des 17. Juni can be used within the secured starting area
- Find more information here.
- Where: North side of the boulevard Strasse des 17. June / Bellevueallee near the start
- secure tents until 2 p.m. (marked with the wheelchair and handbiker pictogram)
- general meeting point for you and your companion person after the race
- wheelchair drop-off
- changing facilities
- collection of the finisher bags
- The barrior to the tents on the "Straße des 17. Juni" will be open for the wheelchair competitors and handbikers when:
- The first athlete crosses the finish line.
- The last runner has started.
Due to the size of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON, it is not possible for accompanying persons to enter the direct start / finish area. There will be sufficient professional staff present to provide any needed assistance and information.
- subway line U6 to Paradestraße, as this is the only station nearby with an elevator.
- The entrance is through Gate 11 (Tempelhofer Damm).
- via Gate 11 (Tempelhofer Damm)
- There are reserved parking lots for you (official parking permit required).
There will be a separate lead car for the wheelchair competitors and handbikers. Any hazards along the course are marked with a yellow flag. There are tram tracks at km 8, so please drive carefully and heed the yellow flags.
A limited number of car parking spaces (only with an official special parking permit) is available the Altonaer Str. (in the driving direction from the Grosser Stern roundabout to Hansaplatz). Wheelchair and handbike accessible toilets are available in this area as well. Further parking spaces, if necessary, are in Fasanenstrasse, near the Charlottenburg Gate.
- All participants will be registered and times will be kept using the ChampionChip.
- We recommend that you use the specially protected Bike-ChampionChip. Do not use the yellow runner chip. Mika timing will replace your yellow chip for a special chip at no cost.
- Attach the chip as near as possible to the axe of the front wheel.
- The chip may not have any direct contact with metal. Take care that there is no metal between the chip and the street!