You can find precise information on how to register for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON here.
The BMW BERLIN-MARATHON is organized according to the international competition regulations (IWB) of the German Athletics Federation (DLV).
- Participants aged 18 (age group 2003) and older are authorized to attend the race
- Nordic walkers are not entitled to compete
- Walker are permitted as long as they stay under the time limit of 6:15 hours
- Hand cycles and race wheelchairs will be permitted on the course
All relevant information for wheelchair competitors and handbikers are here.
Runners, hand biker, wheelchair competitors
The registration fee is 125 Euros per person
- The registration fee is 125 Euros + the amount according to the skater price valid on the day of your registration
- A double start is ONLY possible for runners who have a starting spot!
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON-Package
- 20 min Massage (at the MARATHON EXPO only available with this package)
- 1 adidas Event-Shirt
- 1 medal engravin
Please note that this massage is only available on the days of the MARATHON EXPO September 24 -26, 2020 and only bookable with this package. On the day of the event there will be massages (free of charge) for all participants along the course and in the finish area.
Medal engraving with your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON finishing time
Pre-order the medal-engraving and have your your personal finisher time engraved in your medal in the fnish area - hassle-free with no need for cash.
Your HD Race Video
Preserve your memory of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON in HD quality as a 1.5 gigabyte download of your race in a zip file format. See your marathon race recorded by 20 to 25 cameras along the course of the marathon and share it with your family and friends via Facebook and Twitter. The video download also includes the highlights and a course view of the race.
The link for the video download will be sent to you by email a few days after the race. There will be extra costs for purchasing a DVD.
Your carbo-boost - the Pastalounge
Unfortunately, there will be no Pastalounge during the EXPO for the BMW BERLIN MARATHON 2021. You can find more information here >>
Race Number Magnets- Magnets to attach your bib number
Good bye safety pins. Attach your bib number with the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON bibbits and get running.
Price set of 4 safety pins ⇒ 8,90 € /set
BMW BERLIN-MARATON Photo Package
Sportograf will be the official photo partner for the upcoming BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020, covering your special moments from start to finish and in between! Themore than 40 photographers will capture your ups and downs, your smiles and tough times and are offering stunning perspectives including the famous sights of Berlin in the background. Once the event is over, your photos will be online within the shortest time - sorted by bib number and professionally post-processed. You want personalized photos telling the story of YOUR BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020? Then make sure to have your bib number visible at all times, run at your best and Sportograf will do everything else.
Sportograf offers a presale for your personal photo package at a reduced price of 29,99 Euro. Once the photos are online, you automatically receive an email with the download link to your race photos. The package includes all your personal images, as well as a great selection of scenery and impression shots of the event.
* subject to change
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON FINISHER TEE
A SOFT, COZY TEE FOR POST-MARATHON RELAXATION.
Finish strong, then relax in this extra comfortable finisher t-shirt. Show the world that you are part of the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020 Community The t-shirt is made with super soft, lightweight fabric. It features sweat-wicking properties to help keep you dry and is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions.
• 100% recycled polyester
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON EVENT TEE
STAY DRY AND COOL AS YOU PUSH FOR THE FINISH LINE.
The t-shirt is exclusively designed for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020. The lightweight, breathable and moisture-wicking fabric keeps you dry and the regular fit provides comfort during your run. This t-shirt is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions.
• 100% recycled polyester
Your BMW BERLIN-MARATHON LEGEND JACKET
THE MUST-HAVE, ICONIC RUNNING JACKET FOR BMW BERLIN-MARATHON FANS AND ATHLETES.
The track jacket is made of lightweight sweat-wicking fabric. It has a stand-up collar to keep out chilly gusts of wind. The jacket is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions. The colour combination is designed exclusively for the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON 2020. A unique souvenir.
• Regular fit
• Stand-up collar
• Long sleeves with cuffs
• Mesh-lined body
• Main: 100% recycled polyester plain weave; Lining: 100% recycled polyester mesh
• This jacket is made with recycled polyester to save resources and decrease emissions.
• Soft, silent, lightweight fabric
• Sweat-wicking fabric; Front pockets; Full zip; Drop shoulders
• BMW BERLIN MARATHON 2020 graphics on front and back
- You will get all your pre-ordered products on the MARATHON EXPO as well as your race materials.
- adidas size chart Download
Saturday, September 25, 2021
- 11:00 a.m.: 500 m and 1,000 m Bambinilauf registration at the MARATHON EXPO
- 03:30 p.m.: Inlineskating Marathon (see extra information!)
Sunday, September 26, 2021
- 08:50 a.m.: Handbikers (top athletes)
- 08:56 a.m.: wheelchair competitors
- 08:59 a.m.: Handbiker
- from 09:15 a.m.: Runners (4 starting waves)
- Time limit: 6:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat)
- Participants, who are slower than the time limit 6:15 hours (after passing the time measure mat) must leave the official course and continue on the sidewalk or ride in the broom waggon to the finish. The organizer's liability is limited to participants who use the "broom waggon" service. Only participants who can prove all split times and run over the finish mat until the finish time will receive an official result and a medal, refreshment, massage and as the case may be the poncho.
*The schedule and running course are subject to change.
Your start card
- is your personal ticket to the MARATHON EXPO and thereby to your race kit
- will be sent by email in mid September 2020 (please check your spam/junk folder).
Your race kit
You get your race kit:
- ONLY on the MARATHON EXPO and ONLY during opening hours:
- Thursday: September 23, 2021: 2 p.m.- 8 p.m.
- Friday: September 24, 2021: 11 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Saturday: September 25, 2021: 9 a.m.- 6.30 p.m.
- former Flughafen Tempelhof, Platz der Luftbrücke 5, 12101 Berlin.
- ONLY with your start card AND a picture ID (passport, driver's license)
- ONLY personally (no power of attorney accepted in any case)!
Your race kit consists of
- a bib number and safety pins
- an athlete's wristband- we put it on your wrist at the MARATHON EXPO.It is your ticket to the start area- do NOT remove it before leaving the finish area.
- a rental chip, if ordered (if you have your own chip, please bring that to the pick-up)
- a clothing bag, if you ordered the clothing drop-off
- a voucher for the poncho on your bib number, if you ordered the poncho-option
- a goodie-bag with presents from our sponsors
- a voucher on your bib number for your pre-ordered merchandise from the BMW BERLIN-MARATHON collection
* suject to change
Your bib number is your ticket to the start and back home after the finish line.
We bear the BVG costs (Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe) on the event day so you have a hassle-free and uncomplicated way to the start and after the exhausting race back to wherever you want to go.
- When: only on the race day from 5:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. (zone A and B).
How: Bibs must be worn on the chest so that your number is clearly visible. They may not be altered in any way.
- You will NOT get a clothing bag.
- On Sep. 26 you may NOT drop-off any clothes nor any valuables or bring any luggage to the start area.
- If you booked the poncho-option, you will find the corresponding symbol on your bib number.
- You will get the warming and reusable poncho after crossing the finish line.
- You save time, since you do not need to queue at the clothing drop-off.
- With your race kit you will get a transparent clothing bag and a sticker with your start number for the bag.
- Clothing and valuables have to be packed into the clothing bag in order to enter the starting area.
- All objects need to be packed separately and loosely. You may not put other bags in your clothing bag.
- Any kind of luggage is prohibited within the start/finish area!
- You drop off your clothing bag at the indicated tent and retrieve it there after you finish.
- You DO NOT get a poncho!
Please find all information regarding the course here.
We classify and honor our participants in the following categories:
- Master category (1992-2001)
- Senior category (1991 and older)
- Junior category (2002-2003)
There is an additional segmentation within the categories:
- Separate rating: Men/Women (Categories accoring to LAO)
- Separate rating: wheelchair athletes/ hand cyclists
- There won't be a separate power-walker event. Of course, you can still walk, but your time will be rated as a runner’s.
- Time measurement is done exclusively with the ChampionChip!
- The ChampionChip is a small plastic transponder that has to be fastened on your running shoe (no metal contact!) and will measure your personal race time.
Owner of a chip
Please provide your chip number during the registration process (seven-figure combination of digits and letters) .
You decide for a rental chip:
- The one-time rental fee is 6 Euros
- Return the chip within two hours after the event
There are six different locations within the finish area where you can return your chip until 4:30 p.m.
If you have not returned the chip by 4:30 p.m., the purchase option will eventuate.
The medical care is in the responsibility of the medical team from the organzier as well as from additional paramedics. The assigned staff is authorized and obligated to remove runners from the race who are hurt or overexerting.
Every person who decides to run in a marathon should undergo a medical check at least ones a year.
Refund of the registration fee
We apologise for any inconvenience but we are not able to refund any registration fees due to the high logistical and organisational effort.*
Race number transmission
is not possible since it is person and event-related .*
Do I need a medical report?
But: when you do a free medical check- up at the MARATHON EXPO and the doctor advises against the participation of the BMW BERLIN-MARTAHON, we will give you a voucher over a share of the registration fee. To attain the voucher give back your bib number and provide your anonymized data for sports medical purposes. The voucher is person- related and only valid for the event in the following year with submission of the medical report.*
* for detailed description see general terms and condition
The cancellation insurance will be processed via the product “GENERALI cancellation insurance” by "Europ Assistance SA, Niederlassung für Deutschland. It is an insurance covering your participation fee in case of cancellation as a consequence of specific events. Any booked extras are not included.
What is insured?
Please find all information with regard to the insurance coverage here:
Insured events are e.g.:
- Unexpected and serious illness.
- Death, serious injuries following an accident, complications of pregnancy or falling pregnant after taking out the insurance policy
- Loss of employment and subsequent unemployment due to unexpected redundancy.
- Substantial damage to your property as a result of fire, water pipe rupture, natural hazards or unlawful entry of your property by third parties (E.g. burglary) if over 50000 Euros.
Sum insured: corresponds to the insured registration fee.
What is not insured?
If you do not attend the planned event because it does not take place or is postponed.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
Some events are not covered by the insurance. The following, amongst others, are not insured:
- If the insured person fraudulently attempts to deceive about circumstances that are relevant to the cause or the amount of the loss or if the insured person intentionally caused the loss
- Acts of war, civil unrests and acts of terrorism.
- If the loss was foreseeable at the time the participation to the race was booked or the policy was taken out.
What are my obligations?
- You must report each and every insured loss without delay. (telephone number in the event of damage: + 49 89 55 987 8387)
- You must submit the requested documentation inclusive the confirmation of the cancellation.
When and how do I pay?
The one-time premium is due immediately after concluding the insurance policy (binding registration for the event while booking the insurance). It must be paid using the payment method agreed upon.
When does the cover start and end?
The insurance cover begins with binding registration for the event, but not before the conclusion of the insurance policy. This is conditional upon your payment of the premium. Otherwise, insurance cover shall start to take effect upon payment. It ends with end of the event in question. Any risks during the event are not covered.